State Police Recruitment Board, Assam has invited application from eligible applicants for recruiting 135 Jail Warder Posts under Prison Department. The recruitment will be held through recruitment rallies as per rules decided by SPRB. Candidates searching Govt. jobs can apply online for this post as no offline application will be accepted. The last date of application will be 8th of May 2018. This article is dedicated to Assam Jail Warder Recruitment 2018, So willing applicants can get to know more of the important details about this recruitment through this.
Update: Addendum is released with an increase of 38 posts of Jail Warder. The Online Application Link is reopened from 5th March till 25th March 2020. Already Applied Candidates need not apply again.
- Assam Jail Warder Recruitment – Important Information
- Assam Jail Warder Recruitment – Vacancies announced
- Assam Jail Warder Recruitment Eligibility Condition
- Required Educational Qualification
- For Male Warder
- For Female Warder
- Physical Standard for SI Post
- EyeSight Standard
- Assam Jail Warder Recruitment Online Application
- How to Submit the Assam Police Jail Warder Application?
- Assam Jail Warder Recruitment 2020 | Important Links
Assam Jail Warder Recruitment – Important Information
|Organization Name||State Police Recruitment Board, Assam|
|Date of Announcement||5 th April, 2018|
|Name of The Post||Jail Warder in Prison Department|
|Opening Date of Application||5th March 2020|
|Last Date of Application||25th March 2020|
|Category||State Govt. Jobs|
|Total No. of Vacancy||135 + 38 = 173 Posts|
Pay Scale: Starting with a basic pay of Rs. 14000/- – Rs. 49000/- with Grade Pay of 5000 and other Allowances applicable to state Govt. employees
Assam Jail Warder Recruitment – Vacancies announced
The total vacancies to be filled through this recruitment are 135 posts. Category wise distribution of vacancies as per notification is as under-
Distribution of Vacancy
|Unreserved||116 + 21||11 + 7||156|
|OBC / MOBC||4||1||5|
Assam Jail Warder Recruitment Eligibility Condition
To be eligible for the post of Jail Warder in the Prison Department of Assam, applicants must satisfy the under mentioned criteria.
- He /She must be an ordinarily resident of Assam.
- Candidate age must be 18 to 30 years of age as on 1st January 2020. Age relaxation will be as follows-
|Categories||Age relaxation (in years)|
|SC, ST(P) and ST(H)||By 5 Years|
Required Educational Qualification
The essential qualification for applicants is different for male and female candidates. These are detailed in the table below-
For Male Warder
- HSLC or Class X passed from a recognized Board.
- Knowledge of Bicycling
For Female Warder
- Class VIII passed from a recognized Board.
Physical Standard for SI Post
|Gen / OBC / MOBC / SC||162.5 cm||144.5 cm|
|ST (H) / ST (P)||160 cm||142 cm|
|Chest (Only for men)||When Exhaled|
|For all categories of applicants||81 cm|
- Distant vision: 6/6 for at least one eye and not poorer than 6/9 for the other without correction.
- Near Vision: should be normal.
Assam Jail Warder Recruitment Online Application
Desirous applicants should apply online through the Assam Police Official Website i,e. http://www.assampolice.gov.in. After submission of online application candidates will get an acknowledgment in the form of ID and a slip. This should be printed and preserved carefully for the upcoming process. For more detail,s eligible applicants can follow the information supplied below-
Application Fee: There will be no application Fee to submit the application.
How to Submit the Assam Police Jail Warder Application?
- Visit the official website of Assam police @ http://slprbassam.in through the link given at the end.
- Locate the Jail Warder Recruitment Option.
- Click on the Apply Online Link.
- Enter Your Mobile Number.
- Verify the registration.
- Proceed to fill up the application form
- Fill up the form correctly.
- Upload your Scanned copy of the Recent Passport Size Photograph and Signature.
- Upload the scanned copies of under mentioned documents–
- Certificate of proof of age ( H.S.L.C / Equivalent Admit Card)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Graduation Certificate (BA / B.SC / B.Com OR Equivalent)
- Take a printout of Acknowledgement ID and Application.
Assam Jail Warder Recruitment 2020 | Important Links
|NOTICE / ADDENDUM||Click Here|
|Detailed Assam Jail Warder Notification Link||Click here|
|Assam Jail Warder Application Link||Click here|
|Exam Date / Admit Card||Click Here|