General Knowledge MCQ SET II
1)Which of the following is the highest mountain peak ?
(a) Nanda Devi
(b) Nanga Parbat
2) Which one of the following is the unit of activity of a radioactive source ?
3) Sunda Trench lies in –
(a) Indian Oceans
(b) Atlantic Ocean
(c) Antarctic Ocean
(d) Pacific Ocean
4) Which one of the following correctly defines the state of –
(a) Condensed gas
(b) Crystalline solid
(c) Super cooled liquid
(d) Liquid crystal
5) Who among the following had replaced the Vernacular Press Act?
(a) Lord Lytton
(b) Lord Dufferin
(c) Lord Lansdowne
(d) Lord Ripon
6) Where has the World’s largest monolithic statue of Buddha been installed ?
7) Which UT of India has lowest sex ratio as per census 2011 ?
(b) Daman and Diu
8) The English crown is an example of –
(a) Nominal Executive
(b) Real Executive
(c) Nominated Executive
(d) Quasi-real Executive
9) Kabir Puraskar is selected to which field ?
(a) Culture Development
(b) Hindi Literature
(c) Promotion of communal harmony
10) The concept of Judicial Review in our Constitution ha been taken from the Constitution of
11) Who among of the following had constructed the Red Fort in Delhi ?
(d) Shah Jahan
12) Vinegar is the trade name of
(a) Acetic acid
(c) Carbon tetrachloride
(d) Ethyl alcohol
13) The constitution of India borrowed the scheme of Indian Federation from the Constitution of –
(b) United Kingdom
14) Which one of the following is used for measuring the humidity of the air ?
(a) Wet and Dry blub thermometer
(b) Wind vane
(c) maximum and minimum thermometer
(d) Aneroid barometer
15) Among the given nutrients, milk is a poor source of
(b) Vitamin C
16) Bande Mataram, the nationalist song, was a part of
(b) Durgesh Nandini
(c) Saraswati Chandra
(d) Anand Math
17) Who of the following was the first Railway Minister of Independent India ?
(a) Lal Bahadur Shastri
(b) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(c) Shanmugham Shetty
(d) John Mathai
18) Which one of the following is not an mammal ?
19) Which one of the following is an element ?
20) The natural dye present in turmeric is known as
(a) Methyl orange
21) Who from the following leaders was not assassinated ?
(a) Liaqat Ali Khan
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Mohammad Ali Jinnah
(d) Lord Mountbatten
22) Crocodile store fats in
23) Ships are repaired mainly at
(d) Mazagaon Dock at Bombay
24) High Courts were established in Calcutta, Bombay and Madras is
25) The East Central Railway Zone headquarters is located at