India Post Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2018, India Post GDS Recruitment, Latest GDS Recruitment, GDS Vacancy Announcement, GDS Recruitment Notification,Post Office GDS Recruitment 2018.
- 1 India Post Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2018, India Post GDS Recruitment, Latest GDS Recruitment, GDS Vacancy Announcement, GDS Recruitment Notification,Post Office GDS Recruitment 2018.
- 1.1 Who is a Gramin Dak Sewak?
- 1.2 Perks and Compensation of GDS Posts
- 1.3 Why are GDS Posts in great demand?
- 1.4 India Post GDS Recruitment Current Information | Eligibility Criteria
- 1.5 How is India Post GDS selected? Selection Criteria
- 1.6 How to Apply for GDS Posts | India Post GDS Recruitment 2018
Hello and Welcome to this article, your search for India Post GDS Recruitment took you here. We really look forward to giving you the required information related to the latest GDS recruitment in Indian Postal Department throughout India. India Post announced to fill up all the vacancies of GDS in almost all of the circles. Candidates applied within the last date with a hope of being selected for the post. Get all the information of India Post GDS Recruitment like application deadline, No of vacancies, Selection List etc in this article. So, no matter in which Postal Circles you want to apply or applied, you will get the required information here.
Latest Update: The application of West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh has started. Apply immediately as the last date for WB Postal Circle is 04/05/2018.
Who is a Gramin Dak Sewak?
GDS or Gramin DAK Sevak is a person who is selected by the Postal Department or India Post through the prescribed recruitment rules and is generally engaged in rural Post Offices or Branch Post Offices for providing the various financial services of the Postal Department as a part of Financial Inclusion Programme of Govt. of India. They are also engaged to provide various social services like NREGS Wage Payment through Post Offices, AADHAR Registration, Widow Pension payment, PMGSY etc. In short, GDS play an important role in the context of social services of the Govt. of India.
Perks and Compensation of GDS Posts
GDS are entitled to a salary as per the TRCA scale adopted by the Postal Department. Moreover, GDS pay scale is also related to TRCA scale which means GDS with more duty hours will get more salary in comparison to GDS with lesser working hours.
Why are GDS Posts in great demand?
India Post GDS Posts are in great demand among Job Aspirants; some of the reasons are summarized below
- Unemployed Educated Youths desire for working under Central Govt.
- Postal Department or India Post is one of the Largest Departments of Govt. of India and being employed in this Department ensures office job which many job aspirants dream of.
- GDS Posts can be attributed to the easiest method of securing Central Govt. jobs because a GDS after being selected can appear for various Departmental Exams of India Post. Thus giving them a golden opportunity for job aspirants to secure Central Govt. jobs in a much lesser competition.
All these factors make GDS of India Post a very popular recruitment among the youths.
India Post GDS Recruitment Current Information | Eligibility Criteria
India Post is one of the Largest Departments of Central Govt. providing logistic services across India. It has the largest postal network in the World with more than 150000 offices or Points to serve the remotest parts of our Country. GDS or Gramin Dak Sevaks are appointed to fulfill the objectives of the Govt. to provide various financial and social welfare schemes to the poorest and underprivileged citizens of our Country. Thus we can say that GDS after being selected has a greater responsibility to undertake and fulfill the vision and objectives of the Govt. of India.
But we must know what the eligibility of becoming a GDS is? Here we shall discuss the eligibility of becoming a GDS. Interested Aspirants should check this particular section.
- Citizenship: Candidate should be a citizen of India
- Age Criteria: Candidate’s age should be between 18 and 40 years as on the Closing Date of Application.
- Educational Qualification: Candidate should have passed 10th standard from approved state boards by the respective State Govt. / Central Govt.
- Computer Knowledge: Candidates should have completed a computer course of at least 60 days from a recognized Computer Training Institute which needed to be furnished on the eve of selection.
How is India Post GDS selected? Selection Criteria
Selection criteria across all Postal Circles are same. So, Candidates irrespective of any Postal Circle, if they have applied, can read this section of the article with respect to Selection Criteria of GDS Posts. Selection Criteria of GDS Posts depends on
- Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to the percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection.
- No weightage will be given for Higher Qualification
- If candidates have the same marks in 10th Examination and a tie happens, then the merit order would be taken on the basis of
- DOB i.e., higher age as merit,
- ST female
- SC female
- OBC female
- UR female
- ST Male
- SC Male
- OBC male
- UR male
How to Apply for GDS Posts | India Post GDS Recruitment 2018
Desirous Candidates who want to apply for GDS Posts should apply online to register himself or herself in the Official portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or http://appost.in/gdsonline with the required details to obtain the Registration Number.
After this, Candidates can apply to any of the Postal Circle with the Registration ID and once candidates registered in the portal, he or she will not be allowed to register again.
Application Fee: Only UR/OBC Male Candidates who want to register shall have to pay an application fee of Rs. 100/-(one hundred only) through any of the Post Offices.
Application Process: First Candidate needs to apply through the portal using the Registration number, select the details and enter the educational and preference details. Candidates also need to upload the signature and photograph to complete the Application.
In this section, the Links to the respective GDS Recruitment is given below and the official web link of the current GDS Recruitment. Apply through the link given below within the deadline.
Best of Luck!
Postal Circles where GDS Recruitment 2018 is declared
- Andhra Pradesh Postal circle GDS Recruitment
- Jharkhand Postal Circle GDS Recruitment
- Madhya Pradesh Postal Circle GDS Recruitment
- Maharashtra Postal Circle GDS Recruitment
- Odisha Postal Circle GDS Recruitment
- Telangana Postal Circle GDS Recruitment
- Uttar Pradesh Postal Circle GDS Recruitment
- West Bengal Postal Circle GDS Recruitment
Candidate can also check the status of the GDS Recruitment like Merit List or any corrigendum if any through the link given above of the respective Postal Circles.