Below listed are the latest job offerings in West Bengal. Eligible and interested candidates can check the details and issue as per their eligibility.
For Latest Govt. Jobs in all over India: Click here
About West Bengal
West Bengal is the fourth largest state in India with a huge population of approximate 91 million as per 2011 census. The state shares its boundary with Bihar, Assam, Jharkhand and international Borders with Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Nepal. Kolkata is the state capital. The state is popularly known for Durga Puja, the biggest festival in West Bengal. West Bengal is known for its culture and literature around the world. Education is given the topmost priority in West Bengal and this is evident from the fact that the first civil servant of India Sri. Satyendra Nath Tagore and the first Nobel recipient Gurudev Rabindra Nath Tagore was from West Bengal. West Bengal is also the birthplace of many social reformers like Raja Rammohan Roy, Swami Vivekananda, Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar and many others.
Education in West Bengal
West Bengal has a literacy rate of 77.08% which is above the national literacy rate. Evidence of Proper education System in West Bengal can be traced from the pre-independence period as the famous Serampore College is the second oldest educational institution in India. As of today, various educational institutions are set up in the state to impart quality education to the forthcoming generations.
Some of the best educational Institution in West Bengal are
- Jadavpur University
- Presidency University
- IIT, Kharagpur
- NIT, Durgapur
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur. (Formerly Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur.
- West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences
- The University of Calcutta.
- North Bengal University
- Rabindra Bharati University
Employment Opportunities in West Bengal
West Bengal is an agri-based state, and the majority of the population is engaged in agriculture. But being a bigger state in area, the state gives the opening of a large number of vacancies in various departments of West Bengal Govt. The State Govt. provides these various openings through various recruitment agencies & organization of the state. West Bengal School Teachers recruitment, Group D recruitment, West Bengal Civil Services (WBCS), West Bengal Police Constable recruitment, Sub-Inspector Recruitment, Junior Engineer etc. are some of the popular exams in West Bengal.
List of some Govt. Agencies which conduct recruitment in West Bengal are:
- Public Service Commission, West Bengal
- West Bengal Staff Selection Commission
- West Bengal School Service Commission
- West Bengal College Service Commission
- West Bengal Municipal Service Commission
- West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd.
- West Bengal State Electricity Transmission Company Ltd.
- District Magistrate Offices of the West Bengal
- Calcutta High Court & District Judiciary
- Railway Recruitment Cell, Eastern Rly.( RRC, ER)
- Railway Recruitment Cell, South Eastern Rly.( RRC, SER)
- Railway Recruitment Board, Kolkata
- Railway Recruitment Board, Malda
- Railway Recruitment Board, Siliguri & many others.
The candidates who are looking for jobs in West Bengal can visit this page regularly, as this page will have the latest updates of West Bengal Jobs. Also, the candidates can bookmark or subscribe to job updates of this website if they don’t want to miss any new openings in West Bengal.