SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 Notification is OUT Now. One of the most popular recruitment for the job aspirants is the SSC Multi-Tasking Recruitment Exam. Good News is that for this year, SSC MTS Exam Notification 2023 is released on ssc.nic.in. So, here we shall discuss the notification details, vacancies, eligibility & finally the application process. Apart from this, we shall also let you all know why the job aspirants should not miss this opportunity. Hence, scroll down this page for these details.
Update: The Last date of Online Application Form has been extended till 24-02-2023 (23:00 hrs).
- SSC MTS / Havaldar Recruitment 2023 Notice – In Brief
- SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 Vacancies
- SSC Havaldar Vacancies Details in CBIC / CBN
- SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Details
- SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 – Mode of Selection
- Related Pages
- SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 Examination Pattern
- SSC MTS Havaldar PET/ PST Pattern
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) Events
- Physical Standard Test (PST) Parameters
- SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 Syllabus
- Numerical and Mathematical Ability Syllabus
- Reasoning Ability and Problem Solving Syllabus
- General Awareness Syllabus
- English Language and Comprehension Syllabus
- SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 Application Fees
- How to Apply for SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 ?
- Steps to Apply Online for SSC MTS Examination 2022
- SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 Notification – Important Links
SSC MTS / Havaldar Recruitment 2023 Notice – In Brief
|Recruitment Agency||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Name||Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff, and Havaldar (CBIC & CBN) Examination, 2022|
|Release of Notice||18/01/2023|
|Application Last Date||24/02/2023 (Extended)|
|Online fee payment last date||26/02/2023 (23:00)|
|Offline Challan generation last date||26/02/2023 (23:00)|
|Last date for payment through Challan||27/02/2023 till bank working hours|
|Window for Application Correction||02-03/02/2023|
|Schedule of CBT (Paper-I)||April 2023|
|Dates of Paper-II Exam (Descriptive)||Update Later|
|Job Type||Central Govt Jobs|
Good News for the job seekers in Central Govt Departments, as SSC MTS Recruitment Notification 2022 is out and thus the interested job seekers can submit the online form within the closing date. Moreover, this year, through the SSC MTS Exam, the Commission shall fill up the vacancies of Havaldar Vacancies in Central Burueau of Narcotics and Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs. Thus, the applicants on successful selection shall be eligible for Customs Department vacancies also. The important details from the candidate’s point of view is as under –
|Post Name||MTS & Havaldar in CBIC and CBN|
|Salary Details||Basic of Rs. 18000/- and other applicable allowances.|
SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 Vacancies
The vacancies of Multi-tasking Staffs is not announced yet. However, the Havaldar Vacancies in CBN & CBIC is announced. Below is the chart showing the details of post wise vacancy announced in SSC MTS Notification pdf.
|Multi-Tasking Staffs (MTS)||10880|
|Havaldar in CBIC and CBN||529|
SSC Havaldar Vacancies Details in CBIC / CBN
|S No||CCA Type||Cadre Control Authority (CCA)||Total|
SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Details
The applicants willing to apply for SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 requires the following eligibility conditions as per the official notification. Candidates without the eligibility cannot apply for the SSC MTS Examination 2022.
|Educational Qualification as on 17/02/2023||The candidates must have passed Matriculation Examination or equivalent from a recognized Board.|
|Age Limit (As on 01/01/2023)||– 18-25 years for MTS and Havaldar in CBN (Department of Revenue).|
– 18-27 years for Havaldar in CBIC (Department of Revenue) and few posts of MTS.
Permissible relaxation in Upper age limit for different categories will be as per GOI orders in force.
SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 – Mode of Selection
Staff Selection Commission shortlists the candidates for the MTS & Havaldar Posts as per extant recruitment rules. The examination will consist of a Computer Based Examination, Physical Efficiency Test (PET)/ Physical Standard Test (PST) (only for the post of Havaldar). In general, the SSC MTS Recruitment Examination will consist of the following selection stages according to the post applied for –
|For MTS Post||Computer Based Examination (Session I & Session II)|
|For the post of Havaldar||Computer Based Examination (Session I & Session II) & Physical Efficiency Test (PET)/ Physical Standard Test (PST)|
Among the above selection stages, the PET / PST for Havaldar Post will only be of qualifying nature. Thus, the final merit list of the candidates will be according to the following criteria –
- For the post of MTS, based on the performance in Session-II of CBE, candidates will be considered for final merit list.
- For the post of Havaldar, based on performance in Session-II of CBE and subject to qualifying in PET/ PST, candidates will be considered for final merit list.
|SSC MTS Exam Pattern & Syllabus||SSC MTS Exam Date / Admit Card|
|SSC MTS Previous Cut Offs||SSC MTS Exam Result|
SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 Examination Pattern
The SSC MTS Computer Based Examination will be conducted in two Sessions: Session-I and Session-II and both the Sessions will be mandatory to be attempted. Not attempting any session will lead to disqualification of the candidate. The performance of the candidate in Session-I will be evaluated first
and performance in Session-II would be evaluated only if a candidate qualifies in Session-I. The subjects and mark distribution of the examination is as follows –
|Session||Part||Subject||No of Qs / Marks|
|I||I||Numerical and Mathematical Ability||20/ 60|
|I||II||Reasoning Ability and Problem Solving||20/ 60|
|II||I||General Awareness||25/ 75|
|II||II||English Language and Comprehension||25/ 75|
- The minimum qualifying marks in Session-I and as well as in Session-II of Computer Based Examination are as follows: UR – 30%, OBC/EWS -25% & All other categories – 20%.
- The CBE will be conducted in Hindi, English and in 13 regional languages viz. (i) Assamese, (ii) Bengali, (iii) Gujarati, (iv) Kannada, (v) Konkani, (vi) Malayalam, (vii) Manipuri, (viii) Marathi, (ix) Odia, (x) Punjabi, (xi) Tamil, (xii) Telugu and (xiii) Urdu.
- Time Duration of each session will be 45 minutes thus totaling 1hour 30 minutes.
- There will be no negative marking in Session-I. However, in Session-II, there will be negative marking of one mark for each wrong answer.
SSC MTS Havaldar PET/ PST Pattern
Followings are the SSC MTS Havaldar Physical Efficiency Test (PET)/ Physical Standard Test (PST) standards for the post of Havaldar in CBIC and CBN-
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) Events
|Walking||1600 meters in 15 minutes.||1 Km in 20 minutes|
Physical Standard Test (PST) Parameters
|For Male Candidates||157.5 cms. (relaxable by 5 cms in the case of Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas and members of Schedule Tribes)||Unexpanded: 76 cms|
Minimum expansion: 5 cms
|For Female Candidates||152 cms. (relaxable by 2.5 cms in the case of Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas and members of Schedule Tribes)||48 kg (relaxable by 2 Kg in the case of Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas and members of Schedule Tribes)|
- The PET/ PST will be conducted by CBIC/ CBN at various centres across the country finalized by them. The candidates may be called for PET/ PST to any centre across the country.
SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 Syllabus
SSC MTS Examination Questions on ‘General Intelligence and Reasoning’ will be non- verbal considering the functions attached to the post. Questions on Numerical Aptitude and General English will be simple, of a level that an average matriculate will be in a position to answer comfortably. Questions on General Awareness will also be of similar standard. The topics wise syllabus are as follows –
Numerical and Mathematical Ability Syllabus
This will include questions on problems relating to Integers and Whole Numbers, LCM and HCF, Decimals and Fractions, Relationship between numbers, Fundamental Arithmetic Operations and BODMAS, Percentage, Ratio and Proportions, Work and Time, Direct and inverse Proportions, Averages, Simple Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Area and Perimeter of Basic Geometric Figures, Distance and Time, Lines and Angles, Interpretation of simple Graphs and Data, Square and Square roots etc.
Reasoning Ability and Problem Solving Syllabus
The questions in this part intend to measure the candidates’ general learning ability. The questions will be broadly based on Alpha-Numeric Series, Coding and Decoding, Analogy, Following Directions, Similarities and Differences, Jumbling, Problem Solving and Analysis, Nonverbal Reasoning based on diagrams, age Calculations, Calendar and Clock, etc
General Awareness Syllabus
The broad coverage of the test will be on Social Studies (History, Geography, Art and Culture, Civics,
Economics), General Science and Environmental studies up to 10th Standard.
English Language and Comprehension Syllabus
Candidates’ understanding of the basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. and to test comprehension, a simple paragraph may be given and question based on the paragraph to be asked.
SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 Application Fees
Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or through cash in SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
|Women candidates and SC, ST, Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) Candidates||NIL|
|Other Candidates||Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only).|
How to Apply for SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 ?
Staff Selection Commission MTS & Havaldar Recruitment 2023 is a very popular recruitment among the job aspirants. As a result a large number of applicants apply for this exam. So, the interested applicants need to apply as per prescribed rules. Now, to let the applicants know the steps to apply we have shared the SSC MTS Application Form Steps in an easy and understandable format. We hope this will be helpful for the aspirants.
Steps to Apply Online for SSC MTS Examination 2022
- First of all visit the SSC official website at ssc.nic.in
- Now, download the SSC MTS Notification pdf.
- Go through it carefully to check the vacancy and eligibility details.
- Now, decide the SSC region to Apply at first.
- Next, complete the One Time Registration at SSC.
- Already, registered candidates can login to the dashboard.
- After login, click on SSC MTS Exam to Apply under live Application.
- Enter the necessary details.
- Next, remit the application fee ( if applicable ).
- On confirmation of fees payment.
- The SSC MTS Application 2022 is complete.
- Finally, take a print of it for record.
SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 Notification – Important Links
We hope the information on SSC MTS Notification 2022 pdf discussed here has been helpful for the job aspirants. Thus, we advice the aspirants to follow the link below for downloading the SSC MTS Recruitment 2023 PDF and apply online within the closing date.
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|