TSNPDCL Lineman Recruitment Syllabus- Get PDF Syllabus download, Exam Pattern, and Scheme of Examination details
TSNPDCL has announced to recruit Lineman Posts for Northern Power Distribution Company of Telangana Limited (TSNPDCL). The online application was invited from 21st February 2018 and the last date of submitting the application was 19th March 2018. On release of the advertisement, candidates, especially from Telangana, applied for the vacancies advertised. Since the post announced requires technical qualification, candidates are in search of the TSNPDCL Lineman Recruitment syllabus of the examination and examination pattern. Here in this article, we shall give a detailed presentation on these. Applied candidates or candidates about to apply for the recruitment can read the article to get an edge in your preparation for the selection process.
TSNPDCL Line Recruitment 2018 | Overview
|Online Application Start Date||22-02-2018|
|Online Application Last Date||19-03-2018 till 11:59 PM|
|Start Date of Application Fee Payment||21-02-2018|
|Last Date of Submitting Application||19-03-2018 till 11:59 PM|
|Date of Examination||08-04-2018|
|Hall Ticket Download Start Date||02-04-2018|
Eligible candidates with the requisite qualification had applied within the deadline, by now the applied candidates might have started their preparation for the examination. TSNPDCL will conduct the examination in different center located in the GHMC area of Hyderabad & GWMC area of Warrangal. Since the exam date is declared on 8th April 2018, so very few days are left for the Selection Test. Prepare yourself with the required information on the exam.
TSNPDCL Lineman Recruitment 2018 | Examination Pattern
As mentioned above the TSNPDCL Lineman Posts requires the aspirants to hold ITI Qualification in addition to SSC passed qualification, so the post is generally a technical post. Selection test of the recruitment shall also include assessment of technical knowledge of the candidates. The examination pattern of the Recruitment and Selection Process is discussed below
Selection Tests of the Recruitment
Selection of the TSNPDCL Lineman Recruitment shall consist of –
- Written Examination
- Pole Climbing Test.
Written Examination Pattern
Written Examination shall be of two hours duration consisting of objective type multiple-choice questions with only one answer being correct among the four alternatives given on the questions. The candidates appearing for the examination shall have to answer on the OMR sheets provided during the exams. Some other details of the Examination are-
- Total Mark of the Examination is 80 Marks
- No of Question will be 80 Questions
- Time duration is 120 Minutes.
Minimum Marks to qualify the Written Examination is as under
- For OC Candidates: 40% of the marks
- For BC Candidates: 35% of the marks
- For SC/ST Candidates: 30% of the marks
Candidates who qualify the written exam, based on the merit of the results they will be called for Pole Climbing test in the ratio of 1:1 implementing the reservation and recruitment rules of TSNPSCL.
Pole Climbing Test
Candidates who qualify in the Pole climbing test will be selected for appointment to the post of Junior Lineman in TSNPDCL. Candidate who does not qualify the Pole climbing test shall be rejected for the appointment.
TSNPDCL Lineman Written Examination 2018| Download PDF Syllabus
As mentioned above, the examination shall be of two-hour duration and consist of 80 Questions. To be more specific, TSNPDCL Written Examination shall consist of the following subjects-
- T.I (Electrical Trade) and
- General Knowledge
The subjects mentioned above have been named – Paper A and Paper B. Paper A i,e. I.T.I (Electrical Trade) shall have 65 Questions and Paper B i,e. General Knowledge shall have 15 Questions.
Syllabus Details of the Papers
I.T.I (Electrical Trade)-Paper A: The paper shall have questions on the following topics-
- Fundamentals of electricity: Electrical occupational safety, tools, Ohms law, Kirchoff’s law, series, parallel, Kirchoff’s law and star delta, problems – Electrostatics and capacitors. Earthing principles and methods of earthing.
- Transformers: construction, working principle, basic concepts and simple problems on transformers – windings – autotransformers, power transformers, CT & PT
- Electrical measurements –Different types of AC and DC measuring instruments, Domestic appliances and Illumination concepts – types of electric lamps
- Basic Electronics: Electronic components, rectifiers, amplifiers, oscillators and power electronic components
- Batteries: primary and secondary, lead-acid cells, methods of charging – testing and application of batteries, inverters, battery chargers and maintenance
- Magnetism: Magnetic materials and properties – laws of magnetism – electromagnetism, electromagnetic induction
- Fundamentals of AC: Simple problems of AC fundamentals, power, power factor, single phase and three phase circuits
- DC Machines: construction, working principle and simple problems on DC generators and motors, speed control and applications of DC motors –windings
- AC Machines: basic concepts, construction principle and simple problems on three phase and single phase induction motor, universal motor, alternators, synchronous motors and their applications and windings – concept of power electronic drives
- Electric Power generation- thermal, hydel and nuclear, transmission and distribution system – basic concepts, non-conventional energy sources.
General Knowledge-Paper B: The paper shall have questions on the following topics-
- Current affairs.
- Indian Constitution: Salient Features.
- Indian Political System and Government
- Policies of Telangana State.
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
- Environmental Issues and Disaster Management.
- General Science in everyday life.
- History of Telangana and Telangana Movement.
- International Relations and Events.
- Geography and Economy of India and Telangana.
- Modern Indian History with a focus on Indian National Movement.
Hope the above articles on TSNPDCL Lineman Recruitment Syllabus and Exam Pattern will help you all in your preparation.
Best of Luck!