UPSC Indian Statistical Service Examination 2020 is announced. So, all interested candidates (male /female /transgender) should carefully go through the Rules of Indian Statistical Service Examination notified by the Government (Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation) and this Notice of Examination derived from these Rules. Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. More details on the UPSC ISS Examination 2020 is shared here as under –
- Indian Statistical Service Examination 2020 – Overview
- Required Eligibility Conditions to Apply
- Age Limit Criteria
- Educational Qualification
- UPSC ISS Examination 2020 Scheme Details
- Details of Part I Exam
- Application Fees
- UPSC ISS Examination 2020 Application Process
- UPSC ISS Examination 2020 – Important Links
Indian Statistical Service Examination 2020 – Overview
|Exam Conduction Body||UPSC|
|Examination Notice Number||07/2020-ISS|
|Exam Name||Indian Statistical Service Examination 2020|
|Number of Vacancies||47 (tentative)|
|Start Date of Application||10th June 2020|
|Last Date of Application||30th June 2020|
|Online Applications can be withdrawn from||07/07/2020 to 13/07/2020 till 6.00 PM.|
UPSC is set to conduct a combined competitive examination for recruitment to Junior Time Scale of the Indian Statistical Service commencing from 16th October, 2020 in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation in the Gazette of India dated the 10th June, 2020. So the commission has invited online application from the interested and eligible candidates.
Required Eligibility Conditions to Apply
The interested candidates can check the eligibility details to apply and sit for this competitive examination through the shared details –
Age Limit Criteria
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2020. Further Upper Age Limit is relaxable as per GOI orders in force.
A candidate for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics /Mathematical Statistics /Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics /Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a UGC recognised University.
UPSC ISS Examination 2020 Scheme Details
The examination shall be conducted according to the following plan—
- Part I-Written examination carrying a maximum of 1000 marks in the 6 (six) subject papers.
- Part II-Viva voce of shortlisted candidates carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
Details of Part I Exam
The subjects of the written examination under Part-I, the maximum marks allotted to each subject/ paper and the time allowed shall be as follows-
|Sl No||Subjects||Total Marks||Time Allowed|
|1||General English||100||3 hours|
|2||General Studies||100||3 hours|
|3||Statistics-I (Objective)||200||2 hours|
|4||Statistics-II (Objective)||200||2 hours|
|5||Statistics-III (Descriptive)||200||3 hours|
|6||Statistics-IV (Descriptive)||200||3 hours|
- Statistics I & II will be of Objective Type Questions (80 questions with maximum marks of 200 in each paper) to be attempted in 120 minutes.
- Statistics III and IV will be of Descriptive Type having Short Answer/ Small Problems Questions (50%) and Long Answer and Comprehension problem questions (50%). At least one Short Answer and One Long Answer Question from each section is compulsory. In Statistics-IV, equal number of questions i.e. 50% weightage from all the sub-sections below and candidates have to choose any two sub-sections and answer.
- The papers on General English and General Studies will be of subjective type.
- The details of standard and syllabus for the examination are given in Section-II below.
The Application Fees can be paid in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI. Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. The details of the application fee is as follows –
|Female/ SC/ ST/ Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates||NIL|
|For Other Candidates||Rs. 200/-|
UPSC ISS Examination 2020 Application Process
Candidates who are interested should apply online only by using the website https//www.upsconline.nic.in. The Online Application will be active from 10th June 2020. Hence, going through the instruction on the UPSC Website, the applicant can proceed to fill the UPSC ISS Examination Online Form 2020. Candidates should possess a Photo ID Card viz. AADHAR Card/ Voter Card /PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License /Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The candidates should upload the details of this Photo ID Card while filling up the online application form. This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate should carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for Examination /Personality Test.
One important features of this notification from UPSC is that the Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of Application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. The related dates are shared above for the applicants.
Finally the important links in connection to UPSC Indian Statistical Service Examination 2020 is enclosed here for the willing candidates.
UPSC ISS Examination 2020 – Important Links
|Download Official Notification||Click Here|
|Application Link||Click Here|
You may check || Other Govt of India Job Notification Details