WB Excise Model Set 2021
(1)A liquid transmits pressure equally in all directions is denoted by –
(a) First Law of thermodynamics
(b) Archimedes Principle
(c) Pascal’s Law
(d) First Law of Fluid Dynamics
(3) The largest freshwater lake in world is
(a) Lake Michigan
(b) Lake Balkhash
(c) Lake Superior
(d) Lake Victoria
(4) The substance that is added to make natural rubber strong and more bouncy is –
(5) Which of the following volcanoes is situates in Mexico ?
(6) In an alloy, the ratio of copper and zinc is 5 : 2. If 1.250 kg of zinc is mixed in 17 kg 500 g of alloy, then the ratio of copper and zinc will be
(7) A cistern of capacity 8000 L measures externally 3.3 m by 2.6 m by 1.1 m qnd its walls are 5 cm thick. Then thickness of the bottom is
(a) 1.1 m
(b) 96 cm
(c) 1 dm
(d) 1 m
(8) How may men will be required to plough 100 acres of land in 10 days, if 10 men require 8 days to plough 20 acres of land ?
(9) A trader marked a watch 40% above the cost price and then gave a discount of 10%. He made a net profit of Rs.468 after paying a tax of 10% on the gross profit. What is the cost price of the watch ?
(a) Rs. 1700
(b) Rs. 2200
(c) Rs. 2000
(d) Rs. 1340
(10) The diameter of a circle is 105 less than its circumference. What is the diameter of the circle?
- a) 42 cm
- b) 44 cm
- c) 49 cm
- d) 48 cm