General Science MCQ Set I
1)The disease not transmitted by house fly is –
(b) Dengue fever
(c) Enteric fever
2) Which of the following is a substance abundantly available in the sea and administered in a certain deficiency disease ?
(d) Vitamin A
3) On chemicical analysis, a battle-cork is found to contain preliminary –
4) The rate at which the heart beats per minute in an adult averages –
5) Which of the following is not an aquatic mammal ?
6) Which of the following is most important for the growth of children up to the age of 14 ?
7) The large part of most diet is made up of –
(c) Nuclic Acid
8) Jhum is –
(a) A folk dance
(b) A type of cultivation
(c) A name of a river valley
(d) A tribe
9) A link between the living and non-living is provided by –
10) The nature of salvia is –
11) Ampicillin is used as an –
(a) anti-inflammatory agent
(d) anti-cancer agent
12) Morphine is a drug under the classification –
13) Coke is produced from bituminous coal by –
(c) Destructive Distillation
14) Water for civil supplies is commonly purified by –
15) A type of water which does not lather easily is called –
(a) Mineral water
(b) Soft water
(c) Hard water
(d) Heavy water
16) Ammonia is prepared commercially by the
(a) Contact process
(b) Haber process
(c) Hall process
(d) Oswald process
17) Which of the following is sex determined by environment ?
(d) honey bee
18) Hemophilia, a human disease, is caused by –
(a) mutant gene
(b) bacterial infection
(c) fungal infection
(d) viral infection
19) The gland that contains the body’s thermostat is
20) The central rice research institute of India is located at –
21) What should be given to an athlete for instant energy ?
22) The bird without cloaca is the
(d) None of the above
23) Which of the following is not a parasite ?
24) The artificial kidney operates on the principle of
(b) Active transport
25) Which scientist was responsible for binomial nomenclature ?
(c) Watson and Crick
(d) De Robertis